Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MIRACLE MEMORY

Today, I took Carol to the movie about Julia Childs. As we were walking from handicap parking, around the bldg to the theater entrance, Carol pulled an old memory out of her brain. When we were still about 20 yards to the few stairs, Carol reminded me that " right up in front is where you fell before" (or something like that!) The fall did happen but it was 2 yrs ago last Jan. There is nothing even close to this old memory that she remembers. When we got to the stairs, I pointed to the placed I fell and she seemed to agree. It was a very dramatic occasion. I was bleeding badly and had sore knee and arm. Someone called 911 and we were transported to the emergency room. Presbyterian Hosp, Rockwall, sent me and ambulance to Presby. Dallas because their MRI machine was out of order. Presby decided that main damage was a broken nose, but no concussion or skull damage. Guess that shows what a hard head I am. I thought I had damage to my right eye but Dr finally decided that it was Macular Degeneration. Thought you would get a better understanding of what Carol might have remembered. She does recogonize pictures of family members, especially her mother, father and of course her siblings and her children.




If you want to leave a comment, just click on the comment below and look at bottom of screen for an open box. Would love to hear from you. bill

3 comments:

  1. Bill - what a special occasion. May there be more of these to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, Carol's memory popping back must have been a special moment for you! Alzheimer's is such a strange, heartbreaking disease. My Mother would have moments of recognition of friends that she may not have seen in 30-40 years. You learn to treasure these brief moments.

    ReplyDelete