Sunday, May 10, 2009

CAROL'S PERSONAL TESTIMONY, 2000

I found this Word Document on Carol's computer just a few years ago. I had never heard her talk about this great day in her life with this much detail. I thought you might like to read it.


"I was raised in a wonderful Christian home. My Father was a young Deacon and Mother worked in the nursery. The first time Jesus spoke to me about giving myself to him was in 1943. I was seven years old. The Lord spoke to me in church one Sunday in March and I instantly understood what our pastor had been preaching about – when he said we needed to give our live to Jesus.

This was in the middle of World War II and we were flooded with radio news about the war. Every evening after supper we would gather around the radio to hear war reports. We were to knit sweaters, grow food in our back yards, ration sugar and could not buy tires for our car. The whole country sacrificed for the war. Every Sunday I would ask my grandmother to move us closer to the front of the church. Closer to Jesus. Finally, one night, I could not go to sleep. I tiptoed into Daddy’s bed for a talk. I asked him, “Daddy – is it alright to love Jesus more than the war?” He explained that Jesus is the most important person in the world. More than war, cars and gasoline. We talked about giving my life to Him. The next Sunday I went to the front of the church and told the pastor that I had given my life to Jesus and wanted to be baptized. I was baptized on the afternoon of Easter Sunday. The pastor gave me a lily from the flower arrangement in front of the pulpit.
I don’t remember anything else about being seven years old. Only the fact that I had given my life to Jesus and I will someday live in Heaven with Him. My seven year old grandson Alex was baptized this week. And I know, with out a doubt, that someday, he will be in Heaven with me"



I am so glad I found this before she lost her ability to type.

2 comments:

  1. Mom has always just lived out her faith, volunteered at church, served often. She never really talked about her faith much, just lived it. This is precious to have recorded. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn sent us your Blog about your beloved MIMI and her daily journey. I know how much it must mean to the family to see such a beautiful testimony of her faith.

    Your blog is very encouraging to me. Just to know it is possible to be a caregiver for such a long time. My sister has Alzheimer's and my brother-in-law is a saint and shows his love every minute he cares for her. She is in Stage #6. At Jack's request I have not shared with anyone but family that he has been diagnosed also. He has been on medication 1/12 years and doing well. I am more aware that anyone. I treasure everyday the Lord gives me. You and your family are inspiration to me. I would like to share your blog with my children so they can be inspired as well. I have so many children, grandchildren and greats that love him as much as I do.

    I told him I heard from you and he said' Bill was my best friend growing up. He is very sentimental about his school friends. all of you were like brothers and sisters.

    I always admired Carol. She is beautiful, calm and soft spoken but never seemed to be effected or aware of just how beautiful she was. i suppose that beauty came from within as well.

    Take care of yourself Bill. Jackie health is good. I have had biopsies with cancer in both breasts but caught early and thank the Lord everyday. God bless you and Carol in your journey of love. Bettye and Jackie

    ReplyDelete