Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'M BACK TO 24/7

Our very sweet Helper, Addy, just had a baby boy this morning. 8 lbs. We are giving her a baby shower Sunday afternoon. I will miss her cause she gave me about 18 hrs of respite each week. I did not always go anywhere but it did allow me to do some chores and even tried to take a little nap while Addy was here. I would have Addy take Carol to a movie, once a week. Carman will try to fill in some since she is out of school for the summer, but still very busy with her kids and so many summer activities.

Some of you have asked in the past if you could help. Well, I do think I would accept your offers now. Carol likes to go to movies, drive around and look at new residential areas or just the cows and horses. She will usually get mad at me after a little while for not being with her. I am her security blanket but she often gets very angry at me. She still eats out fairly well, especially hamburgers, fries, cole slaw. Likes fried fish, shrimp, chicken planks, pot roast and fried okra. She eats more things than that but those are handled at cafes easier.

But we both like to have visitors and sit around and have some adult conversation. We won’t understand Carol all the time but we just say, OK, sure, that’s nice, I don’t know, or almost anything in reply.

You can email us at
billeldridge2@att.net or make a comment on this blog but simply clicking on the word “comments” just below this Post. Always love to read your replies.

So there you go. This is my life these days. Addy brought me some relief and some fun time with Carol. I love visiting with you any time, and breaks are always GREAT.

Love from Carol and Bill

1 comment:

  1. bill, I am so glad to see you are letting your and Carol's friends and
    family help you. I also have a AD husband and I know how much we appreciate respite and a home cooked meal occasionally.

    ReplyDelete