Monday, June 1, 2009

How is Bill doing???

Some of you have asked about me so I thought I would tell a little about my health. My latest problem is my heart. Going to Heart Dr. today to discuss a siege of low blood pressure and low heart rate late last week. My family Dr suggested I go see my Heart Dr today and I have a 11:20 appointment. Friday and Sat my blood pressure bounced around 90/40and 100/50 but heart rate was down to 33, 37, 40 with some really bothersome light headiness some dizziness and weakness. They have stopped my Atenolol and a pacemaker has been mentioned.

Heart Dr said that it looks like my Atrial Fibralation had come back. I had trouble with my Heart Rate 4 years ago but medicine has kept it regular since then. Dr wants to tinker with my medication and see if I am not in need of a Pacemaker. But I will have to take Coumadin for now and that makes my larms and legs real bruised and so easy to bleed.

This is my Robert Duvall look alike!!!!!
Otherwise back to other health problems, my severely degenerated (arthritis) joints, knees, lumbars, and terrible rotator cuffs. My hip replacement has been great. Right eye still has Macular Degeneration but shots and drops have made it much better. Same eye is also always dry and requires tear drops often. Use a cane or maybe my walker to hopefully prevent any more falls. My balance is certainly not what I would like. Hearing continues to be a problem, especially in hearing Carol who naturally speaks too softly for me. Too overweight but I am working on that. (Not easy for me, I love to eat----a major sin in my life) Triglcyrides are too high and taking Rx Lovasa. Part of my triglcyrides probably conneceted to my Reflux problem which I have had for years. Have to sleep on a wedge. Dr said I seem to have pre-diabetis. Otherwise I am a walking, breathing, listening CAREGIVER!!!!!

to leave your own comment, just click on "comments" below.

Come see us. We love visitors!!!! Bill

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are keeping our local doctors in business :-) So glad nothing major was wrong with your heart yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing to see if you get an email. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this email from you, Daddy! I like that kind, or any kind of reminder for when you post something! As far as your bruises go, hey, you've had bleeding parts on your legs all my life. I'd ask you what you did to your leg and you had no idea. And, yes, at times you look like Robert Duvall, but Daddy, this is REALLY A SCARY PICTURE! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete