Saturday, January 16, 2010

CAROL NOW LIVING IN AN ALZHEIMER'S FACILITY

During December, Carol took a downward spiral and had a fall and several squats that took her down.  I had great difficulty getting her back to her feet.  She was still walking hesitantly and we tried to indoctrinate her to use a walker.  She was still sleeping well and eating with some "proding".  I awoke one morning with the strong conviction that the time had arrived to start the process of finding a new home for Carol.  I truly believe that God was directing this new direction.  We choose The Courtyard, part of The Christian Care Center, Mesquite.  It is the same facility her father lived for about a year.  We think it is very good with a lot of compassionat staff. 

Carol seems to be adjusting very well and has not had any anger or sad actions.  She is glad to see us when we get there and is being kept busy with a lot of interestng activities. 

I will post more in several days.            bill

2 comments:

  1. Bill, I'm so glad that Carol seems to be happy there. I know that makes it easier for everyone. I love the picture of her that is posted on the top right...I think you might love that one, too! I pray that this turns out to be the best solution for everyone! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done here. It is not only helpful to other people who are going through similar situations but also so helpful to you. I am so proud of you. Everything that you do for her. It is so obvious the love you have for her. I sat down last night w/ Carol and we looked at her family album together. I absolutely loved the album and shared it with a few of the staff. It is so apparent what a wonderful family she has and all the time that you all spent together. She loved looking at the book w/ me and you could tell how proud she was of her family. She just talked and talked to me while we flipped through the pages. I love her and will do all I can to help give her and you the quality of life that you both deserve. Also, Thank you for all the help you give us. You are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete